Legal Secretary, Banking (Fluent English)
Italy is a core part of our European platform. Our Milan office has been a leader in the Italian legal market since 2000. Our team in Milan, comprised of around 20 lawyers, including 5 partners, offers domestic and international clients a wide range of legal services. We are very active in assisting international clients doing business in Italy and in advising Italian clients on large energy and infrastructure projects around the world. Our lawyers in Italy are well known for their pragmatic, commercial and business-oriented style, as well as specific industry knowledge.
Banking and finance is a cornerstone of our Italian practice. We provide a comprehensive service to the banking sector, with a focus on our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our team includes Italian and UK-qualified lawyers and provides advice to Italian clients on the full range of cross-border banking and finance matters. As an integral part of our leading global banking and finance group, we advise on matters throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
To work as part of a highly motivated secretarial team to provide professional, proactive, high level secretarial support to an allocated group of fee earners and to the wider fee earning team.
- To produce and amend documents with speed and accuracy
- To format, paginate, number and present documents in Norton Rose Fulbright LLP house style
- To proof read all work, checking for spelling and grammar
- To be a user of key software packages, (i.e. Word/PowerPoint/Excel) and take responsibility for any training (e.g. MOS) to improve relevant skills needed to meet the needs of the business
- To proactively work with the fee earners to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet clients’ expectations and deadlines
- Manage diaries of allocated fee earners in Microsoft Outlook to include
- Making appointments
- Arranging meetings/conferences
- Sending and responding to invites
- Booking restaurants
- To prepare papers for meetings and deal with any necessary paperwork etc. following meetings attended by fee earners
- Make travel arrangements as requested by the fee earners to include:
- Preparing itinerary
- Booking hotels
- Booking flights
- Arranging cash/currency/visa/passport etc
- Process expense claims, payment requisition forms, returned advances
- To maintain and update client and other relevant contact details on InterAction database (management of contacts in our data bases, assistance to BD activities as requested)
- To process all forms including new client form, new matter form, money laundering form etc.
- To ensure that all electronic filing and paper-based filing is up to date and maintained at regular intervals
- To prepare narratives and bills and keep billing files up to date
- To carry out photocopying and scanning as required
- To show a positive approach and interest in the work that your fee earners are undertaking
- Show initiative when responding to queries and actively try to seek solutions to problems
- To support your fee earners when clients are demanding the work product to be delivered
- To support and build working relationships with your own fee earners as well as other members of the team and to actively work for the interest of the whole team
- To support and build working relationships with your colleagues in the secretarial team and to actively get involved in working activities with the team
- To immediately clarify instructions from fee earners should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit
- To respond to internal and external telephone enquiries politely and professionally and take accurate telephone messages (name/number/company), passing them on to the relevant fee earners etc
- To support other members of the secretarial team and to provide cover as and when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets the required deadlines
- To provide full support to fee earners in the full range of activities that are performed and to carry out any other duties as reasonably requested
Skills and Experience Required
- Exceptional Standard of English
- Secretarial qualifications
- Experience in associated work, preferably experience working in a law firm
- Accurate and computer literate
- Ability to use initiative/problem solve
- Organised with an ability to meet deadlines
- Pro-active and positive with an ability to build working relationships
- Strong communication skills and telephone techniques
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confident and professional with an ability to use own judgement
- Flexible with an ability to work outside core hours if required
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Lisa Marchesi at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world