Energy and Climate Officer
View Vacancy – Energy and Climate Officer (ITA18.234)
To deliver UK Government policy objectives in Italy, particularly in the field of climate change and energy objectives in Italy, through:
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships with relevant UK and Italian government departments and with representatives of business, academia and civil society
- Delivering regular well targeted reports on developments in Italy and Italian government thinking
- Designing and delivering policy workshops and other related events
- Lobbying persuasively for UK interests
Develop a strategic overview of climate change and energy priorities in Italy in order to deliver UK objectives
- Support policy formulation and delivery through building strong stakeholder relationships in Italy, designing and delivering policy events and providing high quality strategic reporting for London on developments in Italy
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships and deliver HMG objectives on international development, Commonwealth and Africa policy and support colleagues with research and event planning on counter-radicalisation
- Expand Embassy knowledge of Italian policy and key developments on the environment and identify the scope for bilateral work with Italy, including on combating the spread of plastic
- Corporate – participate actively in the Embassy Think Green Group and contribute to other cross-cutting Embassy activities
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- A proven track record of excellent teamwork and collaborative skills
- Ability to scan large quantities of written information and pick out the key points accurately to inform decision making
- Clear, concise written English and Italian – level C1 or above under ECFL or equivalent (your language skills will be assessed during the interview)
- Communicating effectively and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience of policy work on climate change and/or energy
- Previous experience of events organisation
- Previous work in an international environment (e.g. Embassy, international NGO or international organisation)
This is a full-time fixed-term position with a 6 month contract (maternity/paternity cover). The position is graded at B3 level according to the FCO grading structure.
The monthly gross salary is Euro 2,802.00. The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including €10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year.
Working hours are 35 per week Monday to Friday. Some degree of flexibility is expected.
Confirmation of appointment is subject to security clearance and a probationary period of three months.
All staff employed by the British Embassy in Rome are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security scheme.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Rome re subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Click here to apply.